Although the epidemiological situation is improving domestically, the Government of Canada continues to recommend the wearing of a mask, especially in situations where physical distancing is hard to maintain such as seated on an aircraft, in customs hall or during a physical screening process. As Transport Canada continues to evaluate its COVID-19 guidance and requirements for the aviation industry based on advice from public health authorities, masks continue to be required at the screening checkpoint, during the boarding process, in flight, while deplaning, and in the customs and border processing area. This includes wearing a mask in the arrival testing area or when interacting with a public health or border services officer.
Find what you're looking for by conducting a search
- Can you tell me if I have the correct proof of vaccination in order to travel?
- How do I know if I qualify as fully vaccinated?
- I have a medical condition. Am I exempt from the mandatory vaccine requirement to travel by air?
- I am booked as part of a group. We earned free travel because we met the minimum booking requirement. If some of my group decide to cancel because they will not meet the mandatory vaccine requirement, will we forfeit our group travel concession?
- I am booked to travel and I am sharing a double room. My travelling companion is not vaccinated and will need to cancel. Do I have to pay a single supplement surcharge?
- I have a travel voucher (or travel credit) that I can no longer use as I will not have the necessary vaccination status to travel. Can I get a refund or transfer my voucher (credit)?
- Do I need to provide proof of vaccination at the time of booking?
- Will local excursions be operating in the destination I am visiting?
- Where can I find out more about COVID-19?
- Does Sunwing offer any COVID-19 insurance to cover me during my vacation?