With recent cases of the Zika virus being reported in Florida and its potential risk to pregnant women, Sunwing Vacations has established a policy to address the concerns of pregnant women and their travel companion who would like to cancel their trip or change the details of their booking. If you booked with Sunwing prior to August 2nd, 2016 for travel to Florida, August 3, 2016 onwards and have not purchased the Sunwing Worry-Free Cancellation Waiver or trip cancellation insurance, and have been advised against traveling to affected areas by their physician, we are requesting that you obtain a medical note. Please email us at email@example.com and provide us with your booking number and medical documentation from your health care professional indicating you are expecting and being advised against travel. Upon review of your individual circumstance and provided you have a medical note, Sunwing Vacations will allow you to make changes to your travel plans for no additional fees or cancel your trip for a full refund.
Find what you're looking for by conducting a search
- Which destinations have been affected by Hurricane Irma?
- How do I request a cancellation of my vacation and receive a full refund due to Hurricane Irma?
- How can I request a new vacation option if I am impacted by the Hurricane?
- How do I submit a post-travel complaint or feedback?
- How do I help with humanitarian aid?
- How do I find out the status of my refund?
- I have a future travel booking for a destination affected by Hurricane Irma. What are my options?
- How do I confirm the whereabouts or wellbeing of a friend or family member?
- What is the status of a specific destination, flight, or hotel?
- Sunwing mobile app terms and conditions